Thread: Windows Media License (WMDRM) corrupt

Windows Media License (WMDRM) corrupt

If I am trying to open Rhapsode then an error message appears that says "We're sorry, Rhapsody could not authorize your PC to play this track. It appears that the Windows Media Licenses (WMDRM) on your PC are corrupt." When I go to microsoft then they offer me many steps to solve this issue but at the 4th step it is telling me to backup my exisiting licenses that I have? When I do that then it will tell me "Windows Media Player cannot play, synchronize, or burn a protected file because an error occurred while verifying the license". What other things I am suppose to do here now? Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Windows Media License (WMDRM) corrupt

Even I am facing the same kind of problem and I was wondering if this error has something to do with me changing out my CD Rom? After when I put the CD burner then I started having this kind of issue? I dont know what to do now and I hope that someone comes out with a solution to fix this problem.

Re:Windows Media License (WMDRM) corrupt

Even I have got this WMDRM corrupt error with Rhapsody. I think that this might be a Rhapsody issue and they need to address and fix this issue as soon as possible, or else this should be reported to microsoft and a hotfix for this should be made avail on their site. I am not also burning any CDs then also getting this error?

Also add me in the list of members because I am also getting this problem. Is there anyone who had sorted this out yet? I have just bought the iRiver H10 20GB Mp3 Player and it is not doing anything good for me.

Seems like there are a lot of users who are facing this problem including me as well, and I really hope that someone could come up with an answer to fix this problem. Please help me out as well.

It could be that Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 may not work correctly after you upgrade to Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to correct this problem. Download the WindowsMedia10-KB884373-x86-Enu.exe package now from here - http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...73-x86-ENU.exe