Thread: Windows Media Player in Windows 8

Windows Media Player in Windows 8

I have heard that if you play .wav file in the new Windows Media player on Windows 8 then it is not supporting wave files. I was also thinking that how will be the new windows media player in the upcoming windows 8? What are changes that are added in WMP, does anyone know how it will be and also from where I can find any information about it? Thank you

Re: Windows Media Player in Windows 8

If you wanted to know how Windows Media Player will look in Windows 8, then you can check the below images that is taken from the application list in which windows media player can be seen:

Screen Shot 1

Below image is the user interface of windows media player and it is really nice and also very much easy to operate:

Screen Shot 2

Windows 8 will have preinstalled Windows Media Player 12 version which will play almost all common audio and video formats. You can also sync music, videos and photos or can play your media files on your devices to take advantage of your library anywhere, at home or on the road. This media player is included in Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro, but it will not include DVD playback. Also to get Windows Media Player 12 for N and KN editions of Windows 8, you will need to download the Windows Media Feature Pack.

In Windows Media player 12 you can also switch to a tab to simplify a task, normally the tabs on the Player taskbar allow you to focus on a specific task. You can switch to a tab to see a view that targets the task you want to complete. The arrow that appears below each tab provides you with quick access to options and settings for that task. For example, the arrow below the Burn tab gives you the ability to burn the currently playing playlist to a CD in just a few clicks. As you switch between various tabs and views in the Player, use the Back and Forward buttons to retrace your steps.

You can also create lists to play, burn, or sync in Windows Media Player 12. Much of what you do in the Player requires that you set up a list first. For example, before burning to an audio CD, you can create a list of the songs you want to burn. This release of the Player makes it easy to create lists by using the List pane. You can add or remove items and move them around in the List pane until your list is set up exactly how you want it. You have several options for adding songs, albums, or playlists to the List pane:

• Drag items to the List pane from the Details pane of the Player or from a folder on your computer. The Details pane is the middle section of the Player that displays your content.
    • Switch to the tab for your task, right-click an item in the Details pane, and then click the command to add the item to the List pane. For example, click the Burn tab, right-click a file, and then click Add to "Burn List".
    • Right-click a file on your computer, and then click Add to Windows Media Player List.

Windows Media Player in Windows 8

I watch Court TV online all the time.Unfortunately Court TV Extra uses Windows Media Player exclusively for video coverage. In the past i have not used Windows Media Player because i was told not to use it. Can i set it up just to play Court TV videos or do I have to use it for all my videos. Please help.