Thread: How to Install the WDTV Update

How to Install the WDTV Update

Hello friends, I am having WDTV with me and I wanted to install updates on it, but I dont know how to do it. I believe that if I update it with the latest software then it will give more support and also it will have some patches that might fix its previous bugs. So can anyone tell me how to do it? thanks

Re: How to Install the WDTV Update

It is very much simple, below the steps which you need to follow and the updates will be installed on to it.
    • First of all you need to download the firmware from the official website of Western Digital and then extract all the three files (.BIN, .VER, and .FFF) to the top level of a portable USB drive.
    • Now you can connect the USB drive to the WD TV Live Media Player's USB port.
    • Press HOME button, and then select the Settings bar.
    • Now you select the firmware upgrade icon, and press ENTER.
    • Now it will prompt you to perform the firmware upgrade.
    • Select OK on the firmware update prompt and press ENTER.
    • After doing this it will restart the system.
    • After the system restarts, it will automatically enter firmware upgrade mode.
    • Once the update process is completed, the WDTV Live HD Media Player will restart again and updated with the latest version.

Re: How to Install the WDTV Update

I have done all of the steps but I am still having some problem with it. Even have unplugged and plugged back in, then also it has not worked for me, even tried using the USB key and also the USB "My Passport", then also it was not able to get the update icon under Settings Bar. Is there some other method to do it.

There is a quick installation guide that you can download which will let you know how to install update on WD TV Media Player, download it from here - http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/librar...079-705022.pdf. Note that this is a pdf file so even if you want to view it then you will have to download and install the Adobe Acrobat reader on your computer which you can get from the adobe website.