Thread: How to rip audio from Blu-ray Disc to use in Itunes/Ipod

How to rip audio from Blu-ray Disc to use in Itunes/Ipod

There are few Blu-ray Disc at my home and I want to rip audio from those discs. There are some good music concerts on the Blu-ray disc. I also wanted to move those audio file in the Itunes player so that afterwards I can easily sync it with the Ipod that I own. Is there any way to do that? Thanks for any solution.

Re: How to rip audio from Blu-ray Disc to use in Itunes/Ipod

The best way to do that is to get Bluray ripper. You can muse of any Bluray ripper that might be available for free on the internet, in order to rip the Audio from the BluRay disc. Make sure that while ripping, the output format should be as mp3, or aac file. Once you get those files, you can easily put them in Itunes and then transfer those to any apple ios devices. It is very simple process but you will need the blu ray ripper software for it.

For internal solutions, you should have a system with iTunes installed. If you are using a MAC, then you should use a third party software called Pavtube Blu-ray to iTunes Converter for Mac. This software will help you to rip Blu-ray to iTunes on Mac OS X Lion. By using this software you can convert any audio file to mp3 or aac file format.

On Blu-ray Discs, I have heard that the stored file format is MPEG and sometimes it is also known as BDAV MPEG-2 transport stream and the extension is .m2ts. You should use Emicsoft Blu-Ray Ripper because it is a handy tool which is capable to convert Blu-Ray disc to other formats and thuse you can watch movies on your iPod, iPhone, PSP, PS3, Xbox, Wii, Blackberry and laptop. You can convert between different video / audio formats even at various high speeds.

MakeMKV, is another software which is specifically designed for MAC OS X and with it you can rip the Blu-ray disc to a format that you can manipulate. The best thing is you can choose specific titles and audio tracks. The software has the capability to rip the content of the Blu-ray disc to an MKV file and it also removes the copy-protection at the same time. There is no compression that will be done during the conversion. To watch those files, you can download and install the VLC player for Mac.