Thread: KM Player failed to read files on windows

KM Player failed to read files on windows

Previously I was having Windows vista installed with this KMplayer and it was running perfectly but after upgrading to Windows 7 I am not able to play the rmvb file. Whenever I was trying to play the file then I was getting some kind of entry violation error. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling the KMplayer in Windows XP compatability mode I was getting the same error. Can anyone please help me out. Thanks.

Re: KM Player failed to read files on windows

Try to follow the below method and see if you can fix the rmvb file playing issue:
    1. First of all you need to switch to KMP Internal RealMedia Splitter in Splitter of Preferences.
    2. After that there will realmedia codecs in your system or under the kmp folder.
    3. Now you have to just uncheck the item of Real Audio in Internal Audio Decoders of Preferences and then test to play the video file.

Re: KM Player failed to read files on windows

I would recommend you to install the Real Alternative codec which will be able to fix the problem for you. It will play RealMedia files without having to install RealPlayer. All RealMedia formats (.ra .rm .rmvb .ram .rpm .rv .rp .rt .rnx .smi .smil) are supported, including streaming content and RealMedia content that is embedded in Web pages. Just download it by searching on the internet.

Instead, download and install K-Lite Codec Pack, which is freely available on the net. Equipped with additional encoders, the software ensures the smooth running of any kind of video and you'll be able to play audio and video files without any problem. It also has DirectShow filters VFW / ACM which is necessary for the operations of encoding and decoding. With this software, you can view all audio and video files you want, even with very fond formats. K-Lite Codec Pack configures all decoders that are included in the package, combining files with their programs.