Thread: In WMP I click "turn media sharing on", then a window pops up with my homegroup, but where it says show devices on there is nothing in there...

In WMP I click "turn media sharing on", then a window pops up with my homegroup, but where it says show devices on there is nothing in there...

ok well a few weeks ago my ps3 was my main media device. it picked up my PC quickly and simply. i was playing around ignorantly with services and startup and it stopped even showing up on my ps3. then i returned all services and startup to normal and the computer sharing showed back up on my ps3 but now it doesnt have the same folders in it as before and im not able to watch my movies and such... Windows 7, PS3 160GB, and all my media is saved in a 2TB external HD that is constantly plugged into my PC. it USE to all run perfectly i have NO idea what happened. i have tried everything, playing with services, troubleshooting software, windows media player streaming options. now when i go to windows media player, streaming, turn media streaming on, the window pops up but there are no devices... NOTHING i do lets me turn WMP streaming on... ive tried right-clicking on the external HD in my computer and clicking share with... nothing in there works it always says "folder cannot be shared" then i click advanced sharing options and it say
    "an error occured while trying to share J. There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.

The shared resource was not created at this time."

and i have NOOO idea what thats suppose to mean...

PLZ PLZ PLZ antone if u have any advice i would greatly appreciate it. i have no idea what i did but it destroyed my sharing capability and its bugging the crap out of me!

Re: In WMP I click "turn media sharing on", then a window pops up with my homegroup, but where it says show devices on there is nothing in there...

Basically it is a kind streaming issue. First check that you can see the external hard drive in pc and you add or modify the data. If yes then just right click and share the drive. Creating a share drive back again is not a big issue. Somehow there is a limit of data shared on the windows network. If it exceeds the limit then you need to use a 3rd party media streamer for ps3 like TVersity or any other media server.