Thread: Looking for a media player to watch movies on TV from my pc

Looking for a media player to watch movies on TV from my pc

I am looking for a media player for my computer through which I can watch movies from my computer on to my television. After doing some research I found a player called as 'Xtreamer'. I am not sure how does this player works so I needed to take an advice from you about any good media player that can supports all major formats like avi, mpg, mp4, wmv, mp3. Is there any other media player other than Xtreamer to play movies on my TV from my computer? Please give your suggestions.

Re: Looking for a media player to watch movies on TV from my pc

I have never tried using Xtreamer player, so I can't comment on it. You can try using WD TV Live Hub or WD TV Live Plus that will be great to get if you don't plan on playing anything over 720p. You can play 1080p, but it's still not the smoothest, but 720p content it can play flawlessly. Or if you want to spend some money you can buy a Blu-ray/or DVD player, 3D, and 1080p, maybe take a look at ASRock's Vision 3D series. These are some of the players that will work best.

Thanks your kind reply, I had a look on the WD live and it seems to be very good. But I am also looking for a player that has a network connection so that I can stream live sports, and other channels from pc to tv too. I saw this player Asrocks but its too expensive and out of my budget. I am looking something that comes under budget. And that should be value for money.

You can have a look on some of these players, k-lite player, xbmc or the one that i have been using VLC to watch movies for now since it can play almost all sort of movies that I have in my collection including the downloaded one. You can also edit videos on VLC player as I do for editing my project videos on my VLC player. Get any of this player, as all are good and also works at its best. Hope this will help you good luck.