Thread: Which version of window media player support mp4 file format?

Which version of window media player support mp4 file format?

The question is quite simple, so I just want to ask from you all that which version of windows media player supports mp4 file format? So what do you all think, because atleast I have tried till windows media player 10 and it is not supporting so that’s why I want to know whether the format is supported in the wmp 11 or wmp 12? If yes then please let me know as soon as possibl. Thanks for any information.

Re: Which version of window media player support mp4 file format?

Yes it is quite true that majority of the media players do not support the mp4 file format so for that you will have to make sure that you need to download certain codecs from the internet which can support various complex formats like mp4, mkv file etc. So for that I would advice you to go with the K-lite code pack, it has 5 versions named basic, standard, full, mega and 64 bit version. You can go with the basic version as it has all the necessary codec for the mp4 file support.

I have one more suggestion for you and that is too install the FFDShow program in the system, I think that its the most efficient option that you can try. First download the file and install it in the system then carry on with the setup after that you will get a list of supported programs in it and you will have to click on all the supported formats that will do the trick for you. Once it gets installed then you will have to just play the files in the windows media player and all types of files including mp4 will also run in it.

Well the recent version of wmp named windows media player 12 supports the mp4 file format and as such I am not sure whether it supports the other file formats like mkv, flv etc; but yes it definitely supports the mp4 file format. Hopefully that will solve the problem for you.

Thanks for the information that you all have shared it with me. Well I am really very happy with the response that I have got here and thanks for the other solutions. I must hope that it should work out for me now.