Thread: Xbox 360 Media Sharing WON'T WORK!!

Xbox 360 Media Sharing WON'T WORK!!

I have already read threads here with the same problem, but mine goes one step further. I will explain the problem in full and all of the steps I've currently taken.

I have Windows Media Player 11 and Windows XP, Zune also would not work.

I go to Library and Media Sharing, the window pops up, I click enable, and it freezes for about 10 seconds. I went to run and typed in services.msc. I try to enable Windows Media Network Sharing Service and click Automatic and start but get error 1068. I then set SSDP Discovery Service to Automatic and it is running. I then go to Universal Plug and Play Device host, and attempt to do the same, but when I click start I get error 126: The specified module could not be found.

I have NO idea how to fix this, I have googled it and tried everything I could and still nothing is working. The worst part is that it used to work for me no problem, then one day it just completely stopped for some reason. Months later I am deciding to fix it because I miss being able to stream things from my computer onto my HDTV with surround sound.

P.S. Sorry for any rambling or anything that doesn't make sense, it is 6:50 am and I have not had any sleep yet, this is how much time I've spent trying to fix it on my own prior to this post.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Re: Xbox 360 Media Sharing WON'T WORK!!

I think you have to go through to the firewall settings because I guess the firewall is not allowing you to connect xbox360. And doing some essential can work for you and if that does’ work I want you to just disable the firewall for few seconds till the Xbox 360 accomplishes it work. I hope that you will able to get my point

Re: Xbox 360 Media Sharing WON'T WORK!!

Even am not much familier with the steps you mentioned above. But one of my buddy has done for me in some another way. Just check this, hope this even work for you. Here we don’t need any 3rd party app or Windows media player. We are going to do it manually. You might have seen a folder named as “Libraries” in My documents, Pictures or Music. This is actually the same Libraries that is used by Windows Mdeia player. Just do a right click on any of these folders in the Libraries folder and go to Properties. Here you will find an option for "Include a folder...," this is where you can choose any folder on any drive that has to be shared with Xbox 360, provided that you have allowed it access to your computer via the Network and Sharing Center.