Thread: Unable to play M2TS video in windows media player after graphic card upgrade

Unable to play M2TS video in windows media player after graphic card upgrade

This problem is really frustrating me. A few days ago while I was trying to play a video of m2ts format taken from my digital camera in the windows media player then I was not able to play it. I don’t know what’s the source of the problem. This problem I am getting to face only after I upgraded my gpu. So is it related to the video card itself. If you have any idea then do let me know about it.

Re: Unable to play M2TS video in windows media player after graphic card upgrade

I think you may not be having a proper codec software installed in your system. So for that you need to have a proper installation of the codec software in the system and I am sure that it will help you out. The main problem with the files not being played is the absence of the codecs in the system. Download K-Lite Codec Pack and install it in your system and then check if you are able to play the files.

Re: Unable to play M2TS video in windows media player after graphic card upgrade

Have you installed the latest driver that are required for the upgradation for the graphic card. I think that’s the problem why you are not able to play that file. However I am not sure that if this kind of file is supported by the windows media player. Was that file earlier being supported by the windows media player. If it was not then it might not be supported. Trying playing the file in different player like vlc and media player classic and you will come to know.

I think it is best to contact the Microsoft support for the solution of this problem. I think they are the people who are having the best information on this kind of problem and they would be able to guide you with the solutions. So do try that and let me know if you are able to get the problem solved.