Thread: error "media player cannot find file. if you are trying to bur,play,sync an item in your library it might point to a file that has been moved,renamed,or deleted"

error "media player cannot find file. if you are trying to bur,play,sync an item in your library it might point to a file that has been moved,renamed,or deleted"

this is killin me I have been at this for hours....and now I have it so screwed up here is what it says "media player cannot find file. if you are trying to bur,play,sync an item in your library it might point to a file that has been moved,renamed,or deleted" ok all I am trying to do is put the music that i already have on the media player onto a mp-3 player.....and these little blue or red circles come up next to all of the songs that say that stuff I just wrote...and so when i go to sync the player to the songs it wont freeking do it because all of the songs obviously have been put into different files or renamed or some freekin thing and when i look at some of them they look like htey are in regular file folders and not the ones with the music notes on them!!!!! can someone PLEASE PLEASE help me with this....I just got thousands of songs and i am trying to put them on this mp-3 player and becuuse of this I cant do it!!!!! please help.....and Im new at this too thats probably why I cant freeking figure this out........thanks very much for your time and I hope someone can tell me what to do or im sunk!!!

re: error "media player cannot find file. if you are trying to bur,play,sync an item in your library it might point to a file that has been moved,renamed,or deleted"

Well the error clearly says that the file which you want the media player to read are not present on the system. Now what you have to do here is that first check whether the location of the same files are changed or not and also see to it that the name of the files are unchanged. Because once the location or the name of the file is changed then automatically the path of the same changes and that is the reason why your media player is unable to detect the music files. So in this case you just have to create a new playlist with the same songs and then upload the same onto the music player. I hope that this time the player will not throw any unwanted error in front of you.

re: error "media player cannot find file. if you are trying to bur,play,sync an item in your library it might point to a file that has been moved,renamed,or deleted"

this isnt doing me any good I have a playlist but I dont know where to go to put the music in the stupid player because every time I put the player in it automatically puts that stupid error up....and the fact that I am new is not helping me because no one seems to be able to explain it to a new dude......this just make a list and do this and do that is absolutely no good I need someone to explain it like they were explaining to a newbie

Re: error "media player cannot find file. if you are trying to bur,play,sync an item in your library it might point to a file that has been moved,renamed,or deleted"

If you are getting the error message with the Windows Media Player and want to get rid of this issue then i will advise install the latest DivX code which will resolve the issue. Also close the Windows Media Player for some time and then restart it which might fix the issue. Try and download the updated version for WMP.

Re: error "media player cannot find file. if you are trying to bur,play,sync an item in your library it might point to a file that has been moved,renamed,or deleted"

Quote Originally Posted by monsitj View Post
    If you are getting the error message with the Windows Media Player and want to get rid of this issue then i will advise install the latest DivX code which will resolve the issue. Also close the Windows Media Player for some time and then restart it which might fix the issue. Try and download the updated version for WMP.
    can you tell me what is the divx code and where do i get it???? what happens is this---------my songs are all in the list just fine...then i hook up the mp-3 device and the computer does recognise it its when i hit the sync playlist that a little red dot comes up by every song and it will not load the songs onto the mp-3m player.....and of course that box comes up saying the player does not recognise the file that it has either been renamed or deleted and something else...but since I am new to this I dont know how to name fiiles and move files and open files and all lthat stuff so it gets real frustrating real fast since I can see all the songs and I just cant get them on the player!!!!!!thansk for e-mailling too I appreciate it....kev

Which version of Windows Media Player are you using and most importantly which Windows Operating System are you using? Check whether the file format is supported by windows media player. Check the article mentioned below to know which file format is supported by windows media player.

Windows Media Player

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/C00D1199

It might be that the Windows media player library is corrupted. I would suggest you to rebuild Windows media player library.

If you want to rebuild you library, follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Shutdown windows media player.

2. Stop the media sharing service. Go to Start->Control Panel->All Control Panel Items->Administrative Tools->Services. Right-click on the “Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service” and select Stop.

3. Navigate to “c:\Users\”your username”\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player. Now delete the files named CurrentDatabase_***.wmdb and LocalMLS_*.wmdb.

4. Start the media sharing service.

5. Now restart Windows Media Player.