Thread: How to play mkv and m4v file in windows media player 10

How to play mkv and m4v file in windows media player 10

Well I am thinking to play different files like mkv and also the m4v files in windows media player 10. I do not have any knowledge whether such type of files are supported by windows media player 10 or not. So if anyone has any knowledge about it then please let me know about same. Thanks for any information.

Re: How to play mkv and m4v file in windows media player 10

According to me, mkv and m4v files are actually not supported by windows media player. The various formats that are supported by the windows media player 10 are wmv, wma, vob, avi, mp3. But once you download and install any appropriate codecs, then you can play these type of files on your WMP 10. I hope you have got the appropriate information on this subject.

I think you must try converting the particular files with the various converting software that are available for free in the market. One such tool named AVS Video Converter can convert all these files pretty easily. The software supports more than a dozen formats including MP4, MOV, VOB, MKV, MPG, AVI, etc. The application is able to make DVD from any video file, and can also create video files compatible with iPod, PSP, and other portable players.

There is another software called Kigo M4V Converter that can convert videos to MKV format in various popular formats such as MP4, AVI, 3GP, 3G2, FLV, MPG, etc. Normally, the DRM protection is removed for protected M4V videos. The program supports extracting audio only if you want and can also capture images. You can customize the settings of the video file output. It also supports batch conversion.

Why dont you download a different media player like VLC Media Player. VLC Media Player can play almost all formats of video and audio like MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, AAC, MP3, OGG, AVI, WMV, MOV, VCD, SVCD, DVD, etc. In addition, it comes with all the necessary codecs such as - Flash , Dirac, Atrac3, H.264 PAFF, APE audio, RealVideo, VC-3, Fraps and many more.

Another player that can play the mkv and m4v file is Media Player Classic. Formats supported by Media Player Classic are WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT.