Thread: Windows media player plays random songs and not in continuity as given in the playlist

Windows media player plays random songs and not in continuity as given in the playlist

I need to share this problem with you all. Well the problem is that I was assuming that whatever playlist I have created in the windows media player, then it should play it in continuity but my assumption was wrong. I noticed that my songs play in random manner and not in the continuity manner as it is displayed in the playlist. I thought that all the songs which are added in the playlist gets played one after another. Well, this is not happening in my case. Can anyone suggest me some solutions such that I can arrange the songs accordingly and it gets played one after another.

Re: Windows media player plays random songs and not in continuity as given in the playlist

Well if you arrange or queue the songs in the playlist then it gets played in the same order from top to bottom. It cannot play in any random manner. I would advise you to check whether there is some problem with the windows media player. If you are using any old version of the windows media player then an upgrade to the newest version is always advisable.

Re: Windows media player plays random songs and not in continuity as given in the playlist

I think that it is some type of bug. So it is always advisable to remove such type of bugs from this particular applications by turning on the windows update. There are many cases which will lead you to think that the particular songs in the windows media player are playing randomly. There might be a possibility that some songs which are enqueued in the playlist may not be supported by the windows media player. Hence it skips that file and moves to the next song.

Have you tried playing the songs in the other player like vlc by creating a playlist there and checked whether they are playing properly or not? This will give you the exact idea of the problem. So do try with this suggestion, and check if it is working perfectly or not.

Well let me inform you that I have switched to the new version windows media player 12 and I am not facing the same problem on it. The playlist are playing one after the another. It is playing normally as it used to play before the problem started. Thanks a lot everyone for all the solutions that you have given.