Thread: Command line parameters not working in Windows Media Player 12

Command line parameters not working in Windows Media Player 12

i have a windows 7 operating system in my laptop and also installed windows media player 12 in my system. Well i wanted to report something to you all. The problem is that the command line parameters in the windows media player 12 is not working perfectly. I was thinking to play all the songs in the playlist in the full screen mode so for that i typed the following command
    Code:
    start wmplayer /Playlist myvideos.wpl /fullScreen
    in the command prompt but it failed to respond. Normally it gets started but from quite few days it is failing to respond. So do you have any specific method by which I will be able to solve my problem.

Re: Command line parameters not working in Windows Media Player 12

Let me inform you that the command line parameter is not supported in the windows media player 12. So stop saying that you got the result earlier and now you are not getting it. If it was not supporting earlier then how did it fail to start again. So the answer here is that the windows media player 12 does not support command line parameter. You will have to manually do all the changes such that all the playlist gets played in windows media player 12 in full screen mode.

Well I think that windows media player does support the command line parameterts according to m. You must try with the command line argument. I have done some research on this subject and on some of the websites they claim that the windows media player 12 does not support the command line parameters while in some of them they have all the necessary command line parameters. However in your case I would advise you to not to specify the entire format of the playlist that you want to play. Like in your case just type
    Code:
    start wmplayer /Playlist myvideos /fullscreen
    Just run this particular coding and get back to me whether it is working or not.

Well I would advise you to go and have a look at the various Microsoft websites for the solutions. You will get the list of many parameters in which you can apply the same thing here also. However till that time do try using the same command as that one which is specified above by the user. Incase if you are unable to find any solution then try contacting the Microsoft people for the solution.

Hey, thanks for all the suggestions that you have given. Well i cannot agree with one of the user who is saying that the command line parameters are not accepted in the windows media player 12. I tried with the command that is given, which is without any extension of the file name and it has worked for me. Actually i was putting all the extension of the particular file in the command and i think that was the reason why i was not getting any output. Anyways thanks for pointing out my mistake.