Thread: Windows media player is not playing wav file

Windows media player is not playing wav file

I am facing an unusual problem with windows media player that I am using, the thing here is that whenever I am clicking on the wav file then initial part of the file is played by the media player but later on nothing happens. I don’t know why this is happening and also can’t figure out any solution for the same. Has anyone ever faced similar kind of this issue before and if yes then please suggest me what I should do to solve the problem.

Re: Windows media player is not playing wav file

You have check whether the file that you are trying to play is corrupted or not, and also check out whether it is happening with all the wav files. It could be that you may need some good audio codec that will be able to play the wav file on the Windows Media player properly, just search for VoxWare MetaSound Audio Codec on the net and download it and install on your computer.

Well it seems to me that the file is not compatible with media player that you are using and if you want to solve the problem then first check whether the media player is compatible for such kind of files and if it is not then please don’t try and forcefully play the file because it may happen that it could harm other video or media file or also the program files. And if you really want to play these files then you have to use any other audio player such as winamp which accepts almost all the audio file formats.

Check to make sure your computer has a sound card, or sound processor, and it's working properly.

1. Open Device Manager by clicking Start, pointing to Control Panel, clicking System, clicking the Hardware tab, and then, clicking Device Manager.
    2. Double-click Sound, video and game controllers to expand that category. If a sound card is listed, you have one installed. If no sound card is listed, check the information that came with your computer to see if there's supposed to be a sound card installed. If there should be a sound card installed, you'll need to install one according to the manufacturer's instructions.

You can get more information from here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...&v4h=winxptab2

If you will ask me then changing the media player is the correct option and it will definitely help you. I would like you to install the media player classic on your system. Media Player Classic is much lighter and powerful and also supports a large number of audio filters and video filters and plays RealMedia and QuickTime files as well, incase if they are installed on the computer.