Thread: Gapless playback in windows media player 11

Gapless playback in windows media player 11

I am having the Sony Vaio laptop and have installed windows 7 operating system on it. I have also installed windows media player 11 on my system and the problem is that there will be some gapless playback on it, that is, when I am trying to play any playlist then all the songs are played but there is no gap in between them and if I decide to play only one song then it will repeat itself without any gap. I can’t figure out why this happening so please suggest what can I do to solve the issue.

Re: Gapless playback in windows media player 11

There is definitely something wrong with the windows media player that you are using so try to uninstall the windows media player that you are using and then you have to reinstall the fresh copy of the same. I hope that reinstalling of windows media player will definitely help you out.

Re: Gapless playback in windows media player 11

If you want to solve this problem then just try and see whether there are latest codec’s available on the official site like the K-lite codec pack and then download the same on your system and install it. After that check whether the songs are getting played without any gapless issue or not.

You can try to solve this issue by starting Windows Media Player and then clicking on "Switch to Now Playing" which might be listed below in it. After that you can right click on any blank space in the Windows Media Player window and then click on "Enhancements" and then click on "Crossfading and auto volume leveling." Here you have to turn off Crossfading because if it is on and set at some level, then it could be making the songs to play continously without any gap time.