Thread: cannot burn cd in windows media player 12

cannot burn cd in windows media player 12

I have recently installed windows media player 12 in my system. Well soon after that i have started facing some problem with the burning of the files on the CD in my system. Actually I ripped some files in my hard disk and I had to burn it on some audio cd. Well I listed all the files in the burning list and when I clicked started burning the disc then it did not burn any files on the cd and the particular program just exited from the screen. So what can be the problem here. If you have any solution for me do let me know about it.

Re: cannot burn cd in windows media player 12

If your computer has problems playing or creating a disc, try using the Playing and Burning CDs, DVDs, and Blu‑ray Discs troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks for common issues, such as what kind of disc you've inserted in your disc drive and whether the drive supports playing or burning content to a disc. Or else simply go to the below website and click on the FIXit link that will solve your problem:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/w...troubleshooter

Well you must check the settings and probably look out for the changes that will allow you to burn the cd at a very low speed. In case you dont know the settings then follow the below steps:

1) First go to the windows media player.
    2) Now click on the switch to library button.
    3) In the library, you have to click on the burn tab and then go to the burn options and select more burn options.
    4) Select some slow burn speed.

According to me you must try out different burning softwares that are available in the market. One of my favorite is nero software. This software is specially designed for the burning CDs. You can switch to this particular software and it will definitely help you out. Since windows media player has a lot of operations to take care about so it can sometimes give some problems while burning CDs.

Hey, thanks a lot for the suggestions. I have tried out the nero software and it has definitely given me some results. While I was facing a lot of problems with the windows media player specially with the burning of the songs, now I don’t have any issue burning cd with so much of userful features inbuilt in Nero. It seems to have solved the problem for me.