Thread: Video is played but no sound in KMplayer.

Video is played but no sound in KMplayer.

I have recently purchased a Sony Vaio laptop and using it with the windows 7 operating system and for the media related files I have already installed the KMplayer on the system. Whenever I am trying to play any kind of video then at that time the video is playing but there is no sound. Please help me in this case and then let me know how I can solve the same.

Re: Video is played but no sound in KMplayer.

If you will ask me then I will suggest you to install the sound drivers on your system. It happens if the drivers are not properly installed then the system will give you some errors. Now what you have to do in this case is that just look out for the drivers that your system needs and then install the same and make sure that you install it in compatible mode on the system and if the drivers are already being installed then you can install the updated version of the driver by going into Device Manager.

Re: Video is played but no sound in KMplayer.

I have gone through the problem and it seems to me that the media player which you are using is having some sort of problem. You can try to just uninstall the media player which you are using and then install the same again but the fresh copy of it. Make sure that at the time of reinstallation you are installing the updated and the advanced version of the same.

What is the make or model of the sound card that you have and are you usinf any speakers as well or some stereo, etc. Have you also tried to install some special directshow audio filters in your computer and checked if that is working or not. I know this will sound silly, but have you checked the speakers volume are not mute?