Thread: Winamp is not playing the .flv files

Winamp is not playing the .flv files

I have installed Winamp in my computer which is not playing the .flv files that I have downloaded from YouTube. Actually I have downloaded few flash video files from YouTube and the downloading process was also fine but when I am playing the same then Winamp is unable to play that particular video file. I can’t figure out why this is happening and how I can play it. For your kind information I am running windows 7 operating system and that too on the Intel core i3 processor. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Winamp is not playing the .flv files

It sounds to me that the drivers are not properly installed or updated. So what you have to do in this case is just install the drivers on your system, and especially the video driver or you can say the graphics driver. You can also get the drivers from the official manufacturer's website and I am sure that installing the drivers will solve the issue for you.

Make sure that you have installed the latest version of DirectX on your pc, you can get the same from the microsoft website. Actually it helps you to play such files and that too with great quality. And if this doesnt work then you can try to uninstall the current Winamp player and then just install the latest advanced copy of the same.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem a few days back where the flash video files were not playing. You have to add the .flv file to the DirectShow Decoder extension list. And to do it you have to just go to the preference option in the Winamp and then select the input plug in option and then select Nullsoft DirectShow Decoder and then you have to go to the configure and see whether the .flv extention is added to it or not, if it is not then you have to add the same.

I will suggest you to install the Media Player Classic in your computer because it has the capability to play all kind of media files. It is a powerful multimedia player, which first appeared in July 2002. Although Media Player Classic looks extremely simple, the fact is that it has a number of advanced features, options and accessibility from the context menu, among which it includes - pan and zoom feature, and supports subtitle files with multiple audio streams as well.

i was having the same problem, and yes i am using the newest version. i just found a fix :}

winamp worked fine last week, but i upgraged OS (xp-vista) on this machine and did complete reinstall of all software drivers etc., afterwards using the same playlist from before it will crash out when trying to play .flv content, both audio and video files.

all flash drivers are(were) current, k-lite codec is also installed.

i tried many fixes, but then discovered that firefox and i.e. use different versions of the flash drivers. firefox is my primary browser and was current. after discovering they were separate i opened up the version check page on adobe and found that i.e. was behind. i upgraged to current and refreshed winamp and pow! everything worked as usual!