Thread: How to resolve the contributing artist list in the windows media player

How to resolve the contributing artist list in the windows media player

I listen to various songs in the windows media player. What i want is the actual classification of the albums under the artist. I have loaded various albums in the albums sections and sadly i don't own much of the original cds. Now what it shows under the artist's columns is the various artist. I have noticed that when i put a original CD an play the song the actual artist name comes under the contributing artist. Now what can i do to change the contributing artist name and put it under the artist column. I also wanted to know whether i can edit the various artist section and edit it with the real artist name. I want to classify the list's of my favorite artist and divide the songs according to that. So please do help me with these.

Re: How to resolve the contributing artist list in the windows media player

I would suggest you to search the internet. There are various software's available to particularly tag the particular song. Now i can give you an example of such software. One such example is the mp3 tag software. These software allows you to tag the various fields of the particular song. The table has various sections like the artist, album, composer, copyright, date and many other fields. If you want to edit the tables say of the artist name you can edit it accordingly. These software is compatible with the various players like winamp, windows media player. So its a much better option you must go with this and let me know if it works.

I can give you one suggestion and the suggestion is that you have to resolve the contributing list. You can edit the contributing artist list by just sorting them. In case if it does not resolve the list you can leave the artist list empty and try moving ahead. The windows media player will automatically start classifying on the basis of the names in the contributing artist list. Its just my solution which i think it may help.

Well there is a lot of problem regarding the windows media player classification list. Now when you actually classify the albums in terms of the artist. Windows Media Player has got various fields. Now consider an album whose artist is Britney spears it will be tagged as Britney spears in the album as well as the contributing artist if nothing is there to display in the contributing artist section. Another problem which exists is that even if there is a little mistake in the wordings of the artist it will appear differently under the different category e.g. if the artist name is Britney spears and in the other album the artist name is given Britney spears though both are same artist but due to the changes in the spelling it will be classified under different category. This is true with all the sections. The only solution is to edit in the advanced tag editor but if the music library is huge it will be time consuming.