Thread: Win 7 - WMP12 (wmpnetwk.exe)

Win 7 - WMP12 (wmpnetwk.exe)

I want to know a way to fix the high resources usage that is requlting from the inability to disable the Windows Media Player Network Sharing options which is under WMP 12? I have already performed to stop, manual option on the WMP network sharing services but what I do, it will just restart after the next restart. Afterwards I followed a second time and remove the restart process and if failure option happens. However, this is not a real fix to this problem and microsoft needs to release a better solution. I am also having a new computer which is running at 50% Cpu usage especially from the WMP network sharing mostly. Can anyone tell me some other solutions please?

Re: Win 7 - WMP12 (wmpnetwk.exe)

The WMP Network sharing is on by default if I remember for many users to make sharing working out of the box. So, apart from that services, when you go to Control Panel >> Network and Internet >> Homegroup >> Configure Sharing and uncheck the libraries (pictures, music, videos) and also uncheck the "Share media with devices", then that should be enough for preventing it from running. After that you will also need to kill the WMPNetworkService process by going into Task Manager and then under the show processes from all users, you should do the same.

Re: Win 7 - WMP12 (wmpnetwk.exe)

You can even try to go in Task Manager, and then set priority for wmpnetwk.exe service as normal and check it. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Right click anywhere on empty Taskbar, and then click on Start Task Manager.
    2. Locate wmpnetwk.exe, Set Priority and choose Normal.