Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

subtitle .srt with WMP 12 in Windows 7

Media Player

Old 24-12-2009

subtitle .srt with WMP 12 in Windows 7

Earlier I was using Windows Vista and WMP was able to play subtitles along with the AVI Videos as both video and set are saved with the same name in same folder. Yesterday I upgraded the system to Windows 7 and got new Windows Media Player 12. Everything is ok except one thing; Media player is not able to play the subtitles any more.

I check playing the same video in VLC and it plays fine with subtitle, but not in WMP12. Do you guys have any idea what could be the problem? Thanks in advance.

Old 26-12-2009

re: subtitle .srt with WMP 12 in Windows 7

I had exactly the same problem after upgrading to Windows Media Player 12 on Vista itself. After doing lots of research finally I managed to fix it. What I did was uninstalled existing KLite codec and installed matroska pack. You can try out the same and I?m sure it will help. Just google for matroska pack.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: , , ,