Thread: Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service/memory hog

Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service/memory hog

I am running windows 7 based laptop with 3GB RAM. Since last two days I am facing some lag and slow down in my computer performance. Today I checked my Task Manager and found that it was Windows Media Player network sharing that is eating up my more than 50% RAM and CPU usage.

Though I myself set it up to share media files on network but there are no devices using this sharing as of now and still the usage is so high. So I have a doubt whether it is sharing media on a P2P basis without my knowledge. Is it so? If yes, how can I fix this? Please help.

Re: Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service/memory hog

I got some solution to solve the problem by modifying two options to remove the slowdown. I am not computer expert but there is an chance that can hel you to fix Windows Media Player cpu consumption. First I went to the library tab and clicked on Scan files. Then I deleted all files except one indicated D: / My Documents / My Music. There were some paths which were there several times. I think that is the key problem. Otherwise, go in the Performance section and tick the box Use the default buffer.