Thread: "Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD"

"Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD"

I need some help to deal with rip error on Windows Media Player. I am using Windows 7 at my home. I has Windows Media Player installed. When I insert a disc it give me a error that it cannot rip any tracks from it. This use to work before. I had checked there were no new updates, so there are less chances that it might have screwed the systems output. I had tried different CD's that I have but none of them really worked.

That is due to copyright protection. You cannot do anything in that. If the disc is copy right protected or if there is any update in your system which is related to DRM then this kid of issues are common. The copy right update does not allow you to rip songs from the optical media. Try some other media software or converter. That might help to some extent.

Re: "Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD"

I was having the exact same problem as soupie after successfully ripping about 40 cds in a row...........and I don't know quite why I did it..........but I unpinned the media player from the taskbar/quicklaunch and it's ripping great again. I had to reset where I was ripping to in tools...rip music as well. Hope this helps someone!