Thread: Can't fast forward or rewind avi files on DVD

Can't fast forward or rewind avi files on DVD

I have faced this problem many times with almost all versions of WMP. Now facing the same problem with Windows Media Player 11. Whenever I try burning any avi movie, I just cannot rewind or fast forward the movies because those options are grayed out. These options become clickable only after it played past the half way point of the movie.

Well I have tried many things to fix this problems over years but nothing helps. Finally a guy suggested me to download Windows Media Encoder 9 Series saying it will work but to prevent the case going worst, I want to confirm whether this will surely work.

Please give your valuable advices. Thank you.

Instead of burning videos with Windows Media Player, I will suggest you to better go with some third party software for doing the same. I have pretty bad experience with WMP in burning videos, hence I’m using Wondershare Video to DVD Bunrer since long time and I can recommend this to you because it works very good. You can easily convert any videos including VI, MPG, MPEG, MP4, WMV, MOV, MP4, DAT, RM, and HD videos such as M2TS, TP, TRP videos to DVD. If you want you can download a copy from here.