Thread: Windows Media Player (11) is not installed properly. Reinstall...

Windows Media Player (11) is not installed properly. Reinstall...

I am facing a issue with Windows Media Player 11. I had installed it and when I try to remove it I am getting a error. It says that Windows Media Player is not properly installed. Reinstall it back. I cannot figure out why this error appears. It is installed properly. I want the old edition back.

You need a good registry cleaner for that. It is the best option to fix your Windows issue. There are number of free cleaners that you can find on the web. Registry cleaner wipe out unwanted entries from your system. Try to re-install Media Player back again and then remove it. It will fix the problem. And for the old edition you have to download that back, That is the best way to avoid such errors.

That can be due to missing files of Media Player. You must re-install a working setup and then try to remove it completely. There are some uninstaller that allows you to get rid of all unwanted files from the system. I had faced this issue for removing a web browser. I had installed this back a number of times and then it was removed completely.

I am getting the same error on Internet Explorer. I am not able to remove this completely. There is a same message that you are getting for Windows Media Player. I had upgraded IE to a newer edition. Know I want to roll back to older one as some old website are not working in the new browser. I am going to remove that from Control Panel but I cannot find the setup of old browser.

This are common issue there is nothing to worry much. You can do one thing, run system restore. Choose the date prior to Media Player upgrade or Media Player uninstallation. This is one of the best way to get old version back. This are common problem and thanks to System restore that really works and helps you to get your old software edition back. I did the same to get the old edition of Internet Explorer back. Other than there are some helpful kb articles based on the same.

It is a bit complicated on older system. The more older they are more number of errors can arise. I am not specifically sure about the problem why this appear actually. Try to run SFC /Scannow. This will help to find the system files which are valid or not. There can be some corrupt system files. Go to Event Viewer and try to find some logs which reflect more information on the error. It will also tell you which file is causing the issue.