Thread: unable to share windows media files on a wireless network

unable to share windows media files on a wireless network

I hope you all did have a look at the title that I have given here. Well I have certain issue with the media files here. The thing is that I have two laptops on a wireless network running Windows Vista and windows media player. I put both of them up in the sharing tab so that they recognize each other. To my disappointment it turned totally different I am not able to see files on the other laptop. I am not understanding whats happening? how will I be able to access the other laptop? Even if I want to add songs from the other laptop that are shared in the other laptop then also I am not able to do that. So please do help me out.

Re: unable to share windows media files on a wireless network

May nbe some issue with the network setup and hence for that I would advise you to check out this link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...reless-network for the proepr information on the same and you will get to know where have you gone wrong. So do that and work on the suggestions that I have given here and it will surely be of help for you. with the procedure that you have described is not so totally of use because it does not help me in understanding as of where is the problem? So do the needful and check out this link.

First of all you need to check if the media sharing option is enabled or not. First check out for the same and then only continue with the process of sharing. First of all go to the library tab and then click on Media Sharing option. There you have to select the Share my media check box. Now after having done that again begin with the process of sharing and see if you are able to get something out of it. do it and let me know if the problem is solved out.

Ok thanks I was not knowing about that and hence thanks a ton for the same. so thats what I am saying here. Appreciate the efforts that you have put in to solve the issue \so thanks a lot for all that. You guys are a true genius to help me sort out the issue, so thanks again for all the help that you have provided here. Now I am able to share the files from one laptop to the another as well as I am able to play the files via. The windows media player 12.