Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot play avi files on windows media player/media centre anymore

Media Player

Old 06-06-2009

Cannot play avi files on windows media player/media centre anymore

I have some movies and i had played them a week ago in windows media player without any issue but today while playing same movies i am getting a message saying "one or more codecs are required to play this file". I don't have any issue in playing same movies in vlc but i want to know what is stopping it from getting played in media player and media centre ?? Is there anyone having any idea about this issue???

Old 06-06-2009

Re: Cannot play avi files on windows media player/media centre anymore

If you did not had any issue in playing those movies before, than some recent changes might be causing that message to come up. I think a better idea to deal with it will be doing system restore. Restore your system to a point when you were able to play the videos without any issue, best of luck. Let me know if system restore helps you out.
Old 06-06-2009

You can try installing DivX7 player/codec from here . In case you don't get any help form that than you can check out codec required for playback using GSpot tool. You just have to run that tool and post the lists for Video Codec that you see while opening AVIs for further help.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: , ,