Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Showing song titles on CDs with Windows Media Player

Media Player

Old 06-05-2009

Showing song titles on CDs with Windows Media Player

I usually burn audio CDs with the music that I own that I compose exactly and give those copies to my friends and some of them will play their CDs using Windows Media Player. Now what I would like to do is I want to see the titles of my traks in the music when they play my CD. But WMP is not able to recognize the CD title and it will display "Track 1" type of titles instead of displaying the song titles that I have? Please help me.

Old 06-05-2009

You can use something like CD Text which is a software and you will need a burning program that should support CD-Text. Also, there are many players that support Mp3 Cd's that you can get from the market. I think that Windows Media player displays only the commercial CDs title since they are in the online database. Can you try to find album info manually which will let you know how does it works really.
Old 23-07-2010

Actually the proper name would be WMPCDText which is a plugin for Windows Media Player allows you to play CD-TEXT information included in your audio cd. Simply right click on the track and then "read cd text". It is compatible only WMP 10 and WMP 11. Many audio players like Winamp and RealPlayer can read CD-Text but as you know that Windows Media Player was never able to admit it. Until now, WMPCDText can read CD-Text directly from within Windows Media Player.
Old 23-10-2010

Re: Showing song titles on CDs with Windows Media Player

also trying to look for software to read text on cds

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: ,