Thread: WMV files not playing - C00D1198: Cannot connect to the server

WMV files not playing - C00D1198: Cannot connect to the server

I have one website in my Favorites where I used to stream online videos. Whenever I use to click any video, WMP opens itself, buffers and plays the video. But this was happening until yesterday. Since today morning whenever am trying to play the same video on the same site with same WMP, I get the following error message:

“Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name might not be correct, the server might not be available, or your proxy settings might not be correct.”

I don’t know what went wrong suddenly. Let me tell that I’m still able to play these videos on my vista running laptop with Windows Media Player 11. So its obvious that there is no problem on the website. I also contacted the website owner he said he can’t help me because the problem is with my WMP or system, their website and their videos are up.

Can anyone here suggest me some working fix? Many thanks.

RE: WMV files not playing - C00D1198: Cannot connect to the server

Hey, me too with exactly the same problem. Am trying to fix it since last three days. So far tried few procedures provided on other websites but none of them work. Below are the troubleshooting I went so far:

• Uninstalled WMP 11, installed WMP 10, still the same thing.
    • Added WMP to my Trusted Sites list and Exceptions in IE
    • Downloaded codec's and plugins
    • Added WMP to Exceptions in Zone Alarm SecuritySuite
    • And many more

Any help would be appreciated.

I doubt if anyone will believe me when I say how I managed to fix the same problem for one of my friend. Here is what you need to do: Shut down your computer, then shut down your internet modem ( cable or DSL or others) and also any network hub or whatever. After 30 5 minutes, turn on internet modem, hub and network device. After that, turn on your computer.

Now see if you getting the same problem. This helped us however.

Hey guys, whether It could be drivers problem or Codec/decoders problem. So what I’ll suggest you to try updating all your drivers and download Microsoft Decoder. Install / update everything, restart the computer and then see if you are still getting the same problem.

You can download Windows Media Encoder 9 Series from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=17792