Thread: WMP 11 CD burner doesn't recognise blank disc

WMP 11 CD burner doesn't recognise blank disc

I am not able to burn discs from Windows Media Player 11 because it is not able to recognize the CD in the drive itself. When I flip to the RIP view then it will detect a blank disc in the drive and I am also able to RIP from the driver perfectly. I have also uninstalled WMP 11 and installed WMP 10 and buring works properly as well. After when I installed WMP 11 again, then the same problem arise. Also the IMAPI CD burning has been started, that I had made sure. If I try to burn from itunes then also it will work. What could be other reasons then?

Re: WMP 11 CD burner doesn't recognise blank disc

Incase if you have installed Roxio CD burning software on your computer then try to disable its "Drag to disk" feature. You can also turn this setting off by going into the quick launch area which will be next to the clock and then clicking on the Roxio icon. If still not working, then try to uninstall the complete Roxio software itself from the computer.

Thanks for the replies. I had Roxio Creator installed in my computer and by reading on some forums I have already uninstalled it completely from my computer but still I am facing the same problem. I think that there could be some problem with the Windows Media Player 11 version itself since in the old version and with some different software I am can burn the discs properly.

It could be possible that some of the Roxio software might be remained in your computer and therefor you have to go to Control Panel and search for Roxio icons in the Add and Remove programs and make sure that it is completely removed. You should also go to the program files and delete each folder and file which is labelled as Roxio and then restart the computer and see if that works.

The problem that you are facing could be caused by two Windows registry entries that have become corrupted. To fix the problem, you have to use Registry Editor to delete the corrupted Registry entries. To use this method, you must be logged on to Windows as an administrator. So follow the instructions to remove the upper filter and lower filter from the registry and see if that helps, steps given here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060