Thread: Library on External Hard Drive, Sync Playlists to Laptop

Library on External Hard Drive, Sync Playlists to Laptop

Will it be possible to have Windows Media Player to sync the playlists to the local hard drive? All the music that I have is on the external hard drive and Windows Media Player is running on the laptop that I have. I have very small hard drive in my laptop and I only want to sync the playlists that I have that I want to copy in my laptop's C: drive. Thanks for any information.

Re: Library on External Hard Drive, Sync Playlists to Laptop

In your user account which is under my documents, the playlists are stored in "My Playlists" regardless of where you rip the music or video. But it is hard to cope them and have them work properly if the traget disk is unplugged. But Windows Media Player Sync will not offer anything useful to snyc between different hard drives. You can however try to buy a 8gb usb memory stick or sd card and sync the content to that. Windows Media Player will then let you sync to it because it will think that it is some sort of mp3 player.

If the storage capacity of your device is less than 4 gigabytes (GB), or if your entire Player Library can't fit on the device, Windows Media Player defaults to manual sync. If you accept this option, every time you want to add or remove items from the device, you'll have to perform several steps. For more information, see Sync manually in Windows Media Player here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/w...s-Media-Player

You can download a tool called SyncPlaylist by searching it on google. It is a tool designed to help you synchronize, copy and transfer a playlist of your Windows Media Player and assign it to a USB Drive. This USB drive can then be used in a car equipped with Sync technology. In addition SyncPlaylist can also be used to play playlists directly from a USB drive on any Windows-based computer with Java installed. This software is developed by OpenView Design and is available as shareware on many download sites.