Thread: windows media player

windows media player

I have a video file that plays fine in my laptop’s WMP but when I copy the same on my desktop it plays the video but in short size. I mean, the picture comes out only on half the size of the screen. I tried playing this video on few other computers and it works fine over there as well.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Re: windows media player

I looked into your problem, and although I wouldn't call myself a tech support expert, I did find a few threads online that might be able to help you out. Here are the links to some discussions other users are having online about similar issues:
    http://www.techsupportforum.com/micr...pper-half.html
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&cr=&sloc=&p=1

It looks like the main ways people have resolved their issues is by either verifying they have the correct codecs installed on their systems or unchecking the "use overlays" button in the player's options. If you're still having problems, or have questions about how to verify your system's codecs, please let me know, and I can point you towards some more useful resources.

Re: windows media player

You can please tell me what the resolution of your laptop’s screen is and what is for your desktop monitor? This is because the video resolution matters lots on this resolutions as well as in case your laptop has resolution of 800x600 then it will show the video in larger screen size, on the other hand if your desktop has 1600x1200 resolution then obviously it will show up in small size.