Thread: Missing Media Usage Rights

Missing Media Usage Rights

I borrowed a music Cd from my friend and ripped it without running off 'Copy protect music' by mistakenly. Now I have already returned that CD to my friend and no longer going get it again. So in order to remove the DRM by burning the track to a blank CD and rip it again with the 'copy protect music' option off. But the problem is when am trying to do the same using Windows media player it fails saying I don’t have burning rights for these files.

Well it was saying correct because when I checked out media properties of those files it was mentioned that I don’t have rights to play burn or sync. Is there any way I can fix the missing media usage rights? Please help.

Re: Missing Media Usage Rights

Well, I don’t think these rights can be removed in any way and hence the CD can no longer be re-ripped again. The only suggestion I can provide is if you are able to play these tracks anyhow, then you can use Audacity to record the analog playback from the sound card, though it's a long shot. It may help.

Hey, count me in with similar issue. I have few recorded files in wav format those are recorded with a media player. When I try to burn them on a CD i get an error message saying “file has error or is missing burn rights.” How is it possible? I was able to burn the same files earlier but now it is saying me about burning rights.

The only change I remember is I updated my Windows Media Player from v10 to v11. Any advice?

As far as I know .WAV files don’t use to have any burning rights. Are you able to play these files in WMP properly?

Share only one tool to help you rip a DVD, convert video, transfer files from PC to iPod, iPod to PC, iPod to iPod, make iPhone ringtones by yourself.

Key Functions

Rip DVD to all popular video formats and devices
    This DVD rip software could rip all kinds of DVD movies to MP4, H.264, AVI, MP3, WMV, WMA, flv, MKV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, 3GP, 3GPP, VOB, DivX, Mov, RM, RMVB, M4A, AAC, WAV, etc, and is compatible with iPhone, iPod, PSP, Apple TV, etc.

Convert between all popular videos
    It’s easy to convert almost videos to iPod, iPhone, PSP, Apple TV by using the Video Conversion software.

Transfer files from PC to iPod, iPod to PC, iPod to iPod
    Backup iPod to PC, import files or folder from PC to iPod, and even between different iPods with the help of iPod Transfer.

Make any time length by iPhone Ringtone Maker
    Assist you to make ringtone for your iPhone, iPhone (3G) from your own video and audio sources in any time length by specifying the start time and end time or dragging the slide bar, you even can manage your iPhone ringtone.