Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

No video, sound only playing WMV in WMP 11, Vista

Media Player

Old 12-10-2008

No video, sound only playing WMV in WMP 11, Vista

Hello, one of my PC running with Windows Vista and Windows Media Player 11 is giving me some problem while playing a WMV format file. Whenever I run this file, I can hear only the Sound but screen remains blank and black. No video comes.

As per a friend?s suggestion in installed Creative MediaSource 5 Player and the same WMV file plays fine with audio and video both. Then what is the problem with WMP?

Somebody please help.

Old 13-10-2008

Re: No video, sound only playing WMV in WMP 11, Vista

Even was facing similar problem with Windows Vista. In my case neither Windows Media Player nor Windows Media Center was able to play any DVD,MPEG, or WMV videos. In WMP was getting the same problem as you mentioned while media center was saying ?Failed to Start?.

I dint knew the cause of the error but I managed to fix it simply by performing System Restore one month back when it was playing fine. Now I don?t have that problem any more. You should give it a try only if it was playing fine earlier and you started getting the problem recently. Otherwise there could be some another reason.
Old 15-10-2008

Re: No video, sound only playing WMV in WMP 11, Vista

Did you guys tried out using WMP's Help:about:Technical Support Information menu tool? Is there anything listed? If you haven?t used it yet, just check it will atleast let you know the cause of the problem.

Also I guess your systems is missing the required codecs hence not able to show up the video. Just try download DivX or K-lite codec from web. It should work.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: ,