Thread: Burn audio files to CD: each file only 1kb

Burn audio files to CD: each file only 1kb

I have been trying to burn some songs from playlist/library to CDR through windows media player but once burning process gets competed my cd has only 1kb files. I can play that cd on my machine but its not getting played on other system, what might be wrong? the files i have burned has *.cda extension.

Re: Burn audio files to CD: each file only 1kb

I will like to inform you that .cda "files" acts as placeholders for a system for convenience, they don't carry any data with them and that's the reason the same CD is not getting played in any other system. Anyways you have mentioned that you have used CD-R, in that case i will suggest you to use CD+R blanks or some other option and check out if you see your CD works fine in other players, pc including yours.

Re: Burn audio files to CD: each file only 1kb

CD+R disks is not available here and that's the reason i had to use CDR . I have tried using CD-RW but i am getting the same response from it. I don't face any issue while the burning process is progress but i don't know why files get converted in to 1kb file after getting burnt. Let me know if there is anything else that i need to check out, any further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Have you tried changing windows media player burn mode to do a Data CD rather than Audio CD? If you haven't than try changing it and check out if other pcs can read the CD after that. In my case i don't have any issue in burning Data CD into *.cda format via windows media player 11 in standard mode. I have burnt many cds by now and all of them can be played on any other CD-player and pcs.

If you face the same issue after changing burn mode to do a Data CD than there might be something wrong with your media player. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling it, just make sure that you are installing the latest one i.e WMP 11.