Thread: Can't upgrade WMP 12 DRM

Can't upgrade WMP 12 DRM

I have installed Windows 7 on my Asus computer. I am using OverDrive Media Console latest version, to download and transfer audio books from the public library to the media player that I have. Everything was working fine until one day if I was trying to download books then I started getting some error message that says "Error 0xC00D2751: A problem has ocurred in the Digital Rights Management component. Contact Microsoft product support". After some research I found out that Windows Media Player DRM should be also upgraded to the latest version and if I try to upgrade then it tells me that "The component could not be upgraded". Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem. Thanks

Re: Can't upgrade WMP 12 DRM

This problem normally happens when you try use Microsoft Windows Media Player 11 to play a digital rights management (DRM)-protected media file or to obtain a new license for media content, the media may not play, or you cannot obtain a new license. So to resolve this problem you have to reset the DRM store on the computer. To do this, follow the steps given on this website - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925705

Thanks for the solution mate, but that didnt work for me. I have also tried most of that solution before you even posted. The problem that I am facing is now the upgrade button is grayed out as well on this website - http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/...en/indivit.asp . I would like to hear some other workarounds if possible.

Even I was facing the same issue on my Windows 7 64 bit machine where the DRM folder will not reset. What I did to solve this problem was I used the Run as Admin mode on WMP by right clicking on it and then it gave me the option to upgrade the installation. After that I went back and ran my media player aggain and then got the upgrade button screen and it installed the same.

Thanks, this forum helped me and I created an account just to tell people what fixed it for me: run Internet Explorer in Administrator mode (right click on it and say "run as administrator). Manually navigate to the DRM website and the button won't be greyed out... yay... http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/...en/indivit.asp