Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Importing iTunes Library to WMC 11

Media Player

Old 19-09-2008

Importing iTunes Library to WMC 11

I have iTunes as well as Windows Media Center 11 installed on Vista computer. Until now I was using iTunes that have more than 5000 music files in .wav format copied from CD. Both iTunes and WMC is under same directory but am facing few problems in importing entire iTunes library to WMC. Actually I can pull the music but they came without artist/song/album information in WMP whether they are available in iTunes. Can you guys please tell me where am I making the mistake? Many thanks.

Old 19-09-2008

RE: Importing iTunes Library to WMC 11

I doubt if iTunes supports .wav tags or stores these information in its library only. I guess you will need to covert those files in to some another format like MP3 to transfer the tags are well in WMP/WMC.
Old 19-09-2008

Re: Importing iTunes Library to WMC 11

Am not sure whether iTunes use Tags with WAVE files but you can test it by copying any wav file to another computer running iTunes and see if it can show you the tags over there. As far as converting is concerned, the best I can suggest you is Apple Lossless AIFF. But WMP does not support the iTunes tags which ARE stored by iTunes in AIFF files. However you can do this by adding a free plugin to WMP to let it read MPEG4 meta-tags used by Apple Lossless files.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: , , ,