Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Media Player does not display video on external monitor

Media Player

Old 03-09-2008

Media Player does not display video on external monitor

I have a laptop and when I am wathing a video on Windows Media Player then only from the built in monitor I am able to watch the video but I am unable to watch from an external monitor even though the audio is present. Can anyone please help me out to troubleshoot this issue. Thanks for any advice.

Old 05-09-2008

Re: Media Player does not display video on external monitor

I think that if you want to get video to show up in the windows media player on your second monitor or dual monitor or multi-monitor then all you need to do is turn off NetMeeting's Remote Desktop Sharing. To do the same you have to go to "Virtual Display Driver" component Registry section in your Configuration and manually delete the following

[HLKM\System\CurrentControlSet\-Services\mnmdd\Enum\0]

[HLKM\System\CurrentControlSet\-Services\mnmdd\Enum\Count]

[HLKM\System\CurrentControlSet\-Services\mnmdd\Enum\NextInstan-ce]
Old 05-09-2008

Re: Media Player does not display video on external monitor

If you have a video card then there might be a setting which might be called Mirror Video to external monitor. Can you check in the display settings in Control Panel to see if there are any same kind of settings that you may need to enable.

There is also a tool called Windows media professional exhibitor that should enable the playback mode, incase you want to play only the video on the external monitor but keep the WMP controls on the laptop display for a presentation. Download the same tool by searching it from google.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: , ,