Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How do I delete duplicate files?

Media Player

Old 25-08-2008

How do I delete duplicate files?

I am using windows media player and i have found that there are many music files that have got duplicated. I want to know if there is a way by which i can scan duplicate ones and delete them accordingly??? Deleting them manually will take more time and i am not willing to do that.

Old 26-08-2008

I dint understood you properly, i mean you are having duplicates in windows media player or they are in your filesystem ??? If you have them in your file system than there are possibilities where you might have duplicated them while transferring. In that case you you will have to delete them manually. I don't think there might be a way by which you can scan list if duplicate files and delete them all at a time. If they are appearing in your Media library than your media library might have got corrupted.
Old 27-08-2008

If your media library might has got corrupted than a better workaround will be deleting the library and doing a rescan. You can delete everything form your library by choosing "Delete from Windows Media Player Library Only". Just make sure that you are not choosing "Delete from computer and Library" else you will loose all those files form your PC a well. Once you have deleted the whole library you can go to tools drop down menu and select "Search for Media Files" and let it rescan your system.
Old 27-08-2008

Rather than deleting the who Library and rescanning for media files I will suggest you to use duplicate finder 2009. I have used it for such tasks quite a few times and trust me it saves lot of time.
Old 08-06-2010

Re: How do I delete duplicate files?

If someone has Zune and iPod into same PC/Lap Top . . . Is this a posibility to get duplicate songs into library out of WMP?
Old 24-10-2011

Iím sure that Duplicate Finder will be the best assistant for you. It is an award-winning small shareware utility to find duplicate files and to remove duplicate files. It will help you search duplicate files. Try it.
Old 28-10-2011

I'd suggest trying this program for dupes finding. It helped me a lot and may be interesting for you too
Old 04-01-2012

The most complete duplicate finder and deleter I have found is "Duplicate Files Deleter".

I have found that, not only is it one of the fastest duplicate finders/deleters, but also is by far the most accurate one because of the way it's search engine uses MD5 info.
Old 17-12-2012

use the program Duplicate Files Deleter to find and remove duplicate files.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: ,