Thread: convert wmv audio to play on car cd player

convert wmv audio to play on car cd player

I have got too many audio recordings in the wmv format and there are no video however. I want to listed all this audio recordings in the car audio but whenever I try to play them it will not play in the car. Can anyone therefor tell me how do convert them to a different filer format so that it can be played in the car cd player. Thanks

Re: convert wmv audio to play on car cd player

All you need to do is open Windows Media Player and when you are trying to burn the cd in it, then make sure that you have set it to burn in Audio CD which is compatible with every other players in the maket that are available, rather than the Data CD or DVD, which is usually compatible and will work on computers only.

Thank you for the help, I guess that I changed to audio CD before but I must be not doing it properly and this time when I used the audio cd burning option then it worked. But the other problem now I am getting is that one of the wmv file format audio is very long and wmp says that it cant be fit onto an audio cd. How do i burn this file then, could you please help again?

You can try to install the windows media encoder by downloading it from here - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/default.mspx and then go to its program menu and search for the "Windows media file editor". After that it will let you to manually split the file at any point into 2 or more chunks. It wont split but trim, and thus you will have to select upto about 50% mark, trim off the end and then save it as a filename-par2.wmv. After that you can add that in the library and then burn them individually or as a playlist.

I am going to try out whatever you have said. Thank you very much for the solution, hope that I will get my problem solved.