Thread: Unable to play the .wvx files or listen to streamed radio

Unable to play the .wvx files or listen to streamed radio

I have installed Windows Media Player 11 and its too weird, it cannot play .wvx extension, it cannot stream live music from on line radio and it cannot play video Demos on Microsoft website. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling Windows Media Player 9, i was using it before without any issues but now it seems as if Media Player 11 has passed its weirdness functionality to 9. Is there anything i can try out for getting Media Player 11 or 9 working?? any help regarding this will be appreciated.

RE: Unable to play the .wvx files or listen to streamed radio

Are you getting any error message when Media Player 11 fails to play .wvx extension,stream live music from on line radio etc??? If yes than please post it in your next reply so that i can have better idea of the issue you are facing.

RE: Unable to play the .wvx files or listen to streamed radio

I am getting below error message for all the task in which Windows Media Player 11 fails!!!

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct".

Do you have any idea about this error???

Re: Unable to play the .wvx files or listen to streamed radio

Are you having any third party firewall installed on your system??? It seems as if a Firewall is blocking the server to which Windows Media Player is trying to connect for the above tasks. If my guess is right than simply turning off the firewall will help you overcome the error you are getting.

Your guess was very right, i was having Sygate Firewall installed in my system and it was blocking the address to which Windows Media Player was trying to connect. I don't know why Sygate Firewall is blocking those addresses. I have checked out windows firewall and it doesn't block it. Anyways i have turned off Sygate Firewall and not i don't have any issue in play .wvx extension and the other task i have mentioned, thanks for your help.