Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Media Player 11 won't play Videos...

Media Player

Old 08-08-2008

Windows Media Player 11 won't play Videos...

Yesterday I bought a new HP Laptop for my bro. It came with Windows Vista pre-installed and Windows Media Player 11. The problem is that am not able to play any video file in WMP but I can only hear the audio. Surprisingly even the default sample videos are not able to play. However it can be played in WMP Classic.

I thought re-installing windows media player can fix the problem but am not able to find out from where to do the same. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-08-2008

RE: Windows Media Player 11 won't play Videos...

Hey, even I am facing a very similar problem on Vista 32bit. I received a file in wave format in an email. Whenever I try to run Media Player freezes and give an error message saying ?Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.?

As a troubleshooting I just updated WMP from v10 to v11 but still getting the same problem. Tried getting some help from MS help files no joy so far. Somebody please help.
Old 18-08-2008

Re: Windows Media Player 11 won't play Videos...

It is very difficult to find out the cause of the problem by just reading your posts. Before I can suggest anything can you guys please tell me if dxdiag.exe is generating any error message?

Also are you guys using any Video Card? If yes, what is the make/model? Also are you able to play those video in Movie Maker?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Media Player
Tags: ,