Thread: from iTunes to Windows Media Player (ID3 2.4 Tags aren't being read)

from iTunes to Windows Media Player (ID3 2.4 Tags aren't being read)

I am using Itunes as the default player and the Windows Media Player as my xbox 360 link, so that I can listed to music from my xbox 360. The problem that I am facing is that I am trying to fix library so that they can have proper tags as well as art, etc. Actually, the art is not that much of an issue to me but the titles are because there are more than 1000 songs which are listed by track number and then their name and therefore it would be easy to listen to songs tag numbers. In Itunes these are all automatically made into ID3 2.4 tags, so I was thinking whether Windows Media Player will support it or not, because I have checked it already and its not working. Can you help me out please.

Re: from iTunes to Windows Media Player (ID3 2.4 Tags aren'tbeing rea

You can download something called WMP Tag Support Plugin that will add support for various additional audio files tag formats into Microsoft Media Player v10 and Windows Media Center 2005. This plugin allow you to use in Media Player or Media Center 2005 popular audio formats like m4a files from your iPod/iTunes, Flac, Ogg, Monkey's Audio (ape), Wav Pack (wv), Optim Frog etc. You can download the same by searching on google.

Have you tried out ID3 TagIt which is a program for editing, adding, or deleting ID3 TAGs in MP3 files. Single file and batch editing are both supported. Edit one, ten or all your MP3 files at once. ID3-TagIT has many functions to help you achieve your goal as quickly as possible. ID3-TagIT is - in contrast to many other editors - able to read information from the directory structure and put it into the TAG.