Thread: Vista MCE TV playback won't fill my widescreen

Vista MCE TV playback won't fill my widescreen

This is Windows Vista Ultimate PC with Media Center installed. It is connected with 32inch LCD monitor. I’ve setup TV on Media Center but don’t know why it wont play in widescreen display. The problem is only with TV, when I play any movie from local hard drive it plays fine in full screen. But while playing TV program, it works in about 27inch of the screen, don’t go full screen. To check if the TV program itself has any problem, I connected the cable directly to the monitor instead of MCE PC, I can get the video to fill the screen. Any suggestion what is wrong and where?

Re: Vista MCE TV playback won't fill my widescreen

I think Media Center itself is unable to automatically scale what they get from cable or aerial whereas some TVs are able to do it. So you need to change the settings from remote. Just press the More Info button on the remote and then click Zoom on the menu. See if it helps.

Yes, that is correct. Each press on Zoom cycles through one of four modes (4:3, 16:9, stretch etc). you need to press More Info and change the zoom and see which one suits your monitor.

Thank you very much for your helps and this useful info Sidharth and Rossen. Unfortunately I don’t have MCE remote to do the same. Hence I’ll buy one today itself and do it. BTW as far as I know the brand of TV I have doesn’t allows for wide mode changes on the VGA input, so I was fairly confident that it would have to be through MCE.