Thread: Chennai Hathway users

Chennai Hathway users

The hathway website http://www.hathway.com/bci/packages.htm clearly lists a lite way package at Rs. 400 and unlimited downloads. On asking to be changed to that plan they claim it is not applicable for Chennai. (but applicable everywhere else!)

Isn't it plain injustice? What do you ppl suggest?

Halley,
    don't take a Hathway connection in Chennai.....excessive downtime (nearly 2-0-30% of the time), bad customer service, you get tied to their stupid login client (24online client) which won't even let you share an Internet connection between two machines easily....

Opt for a Airtel/BSNL connection....I have a hathway connection Chennai...Have paid till March in advance and a non-refundable installation charge...Have been really regretting taking it
    Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
    Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
    Alone in fear they question why
    Goddamn not an angel when I die !!!

Quote Originally Posted by racha
    The hathway website http://www.hathway.com/bci/packages.htm clearly lists a lite way package at Rs. 400 and unlimited downloads. On asking to be changed to that plan they claim it is not applicable for Chennai. (but applicable everywhere else!)

Isn't it plain injustice? What do you ppl suggest?
    i suggest you get touchtel even though its expensive and you have to pay for the phone excellent uptime and steady speeds

go for the unlimited 64 or 128kpbs home plan ..

Hathway has removed references to this scheme from the webpage!!!

Hathway has removed references to this scheme from the webpage!!!
    Summon the TDSAT !

@ eddy r u a hathway user?

Any hathway - chennai users out there? let us get together and take some action to get 8-8, 256kbps unlimited plan in chennai too. if they can give it in mumbai y not in chennai?

@ eddy r u a hathway user?
    Nope, I am not

if they can give it in mumbai y not in chennai?
    They can claim Infrastructure is not in place, etc etc
    I guess at the moment all frustrated hathway users can do is keep complaining to their support staff.

Why not sign a petition at

http://www.petitiononline.com

chennai harthway user pl respond and give your views

hi,

6 months back i bought a 512Kbps blast extra plan having a download limit of 7GB and from 11pm to 9pm it is unlimited . And during may connection got over even before 6 days of the starting date present in the service usage as shown by their website, even the speed was not even coming up to 256 KPbs.

now i changed to normal 256 Kpbs plan costing Rs. 843/- for 3 months . when i phoned the renewal person she told me that my previous plan balance download limit would be added to current plan , but this did not happen and also their service is poor . i took the connection after satisfying myself that previous remaining download will be added to my current plan download, but this didn't happen. now what i see in the service usage details screen is only 1.29 Gb for the Rs. 843 plan alone. i called them up and asked them .they gave an int resting explanation

pl note this if you are a chennai customer and planning to renew the hathway connection.

those person told that since you are moving away from higher plan to a lower plan the addition of remaining download is not applicable

i would like to ask you if any faced the similar problem as i have faced , also is it right to misinform a customer about the download limit and after paying the money saying that it can't be done. i don't want this to happen to any chennai customers of hath way.

pl respond with your views.

suresh

Quote Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
    Halley,
    don't take a Hathway connection in Chennai.....excessive downtime (nearly 2-0-30% of the time), bad customer service, you get tied to their stupid login client (24online client) which won't even let you share an Internet connection between two machines easily....

Opt for a Airtel/BSNL connection....I have a hathway connection Chennai...Have paid till March in advance and a non-refundable installation charge...Have been really regretting taking it
    even iam regretting for putting up hathway.the services are worse and what is the use of having a 24hr customer care service

Quote Originally Posted by suresh8909440 View Post
    hi,

6 months back i bought a 512Kbps blast extra plan having a download limit of 7GB and from 11pm to 9pm it is unlimited . And during may connection got over even before 6 days of the starting date present in the service usage as shown by their website, even the speed was not even coming up to 256 KPbs.

now i changed to normal 256 Kpbs plan costing Rs. 843/- for 3 months . when i phoned the renewal person she told me that my previous plan balance download limit would be added to current plan , but this did not happen and also their service is poor . i took the connection after satisfying myself that previous remaining download will be added to my current plan download, but this didn't happen. now what i see in the service usage details screen is only 1.29 Gb for the Rs. 843 plan alone. i called them up and asked them .they gave an int resting explanation

pl note this if you are a chennai customer and planning to renew the hathway connection.

those person told that since you are moving away from higher plan to a lower plan the addition of remaining download is not applicable

i would like to ask you if any faced the similar problem as i have faced , also is it right to misinform a customer about the download limit and after paying the money saying that it can't be done. i don't want this to happen to any chennai customers of hath way.

pl respond with your views.

suresh
    the only way to stop all the nonsense and fraud in hathway is mass appeal .
    we have to trouble them over phone.they are good only in one aspect-billing

Halley,

in torrentz do'ld is about 3kbps and why should i pay rs.500 for
    the hathway.the engineers are funny and don't know the abc of networking

Halley,

even iam regretting for a very slow do'ld rate.God should save us

Re: Chennai Hathway users

I got a hathway boradband connection in nov 2008. I guess this is worst broad band service ever I got. Customer service response is not that good. My plan is 128 bit unlimited for 450. Hathway marketing guys said for 128 Kb plan we will give upto 256 Kb, it is total fake. With 128 Kb line I never saw a download speed of more than 7 KB/sec. For 128 Kb broadband connection, it should be 16 (128/8) KB. I just asked customer service, I have been told in peek time HATHWAY cannot provide more than 6 KB/sec, you are getting 7KB . Does it mean Hathway Cutomer care representatives are not aware of difference between diak-up and broadband?. Then I changed my plan to 256 kb, but no use. Now I am getting 14 KB/sec. This is total wate of money. One goog thing is they are not charging installation charge. So we can disconnect the service at any time, also we can claim back our money. I have decided to change my connection to youteledotcom.