Thread: Reliance and Tata Indicom Wireless Internet Connection

Reliance and Tata Indicom Wireless Internet Connection

Hi Guys
    Writing in these forum after a long time. I hope i will get my problems resolved here as always . rite now I m in pune and I want to get an internet connection but due to unavailability of fixed line phones in the area and the rented house i dont want to take Cable net. So I m thinkin of taking up either of Tata Indicom and Reliance Wireless. So can any1 suggest me which 1 is better in terms of money, bandwidth, connectivity.

this are rates for tata indicom
    http://internet.vsnl.com/internet_dialup/buy_new.htm

they are much better then reliance
    Ravi

Re: Reliance and Tata Indicom Wireless Internet Connection

BSNL gives you the best bang for the buck. (more data limit for lower price). If only the datalimits you seek is very low go for Tata/Reliance and by low data limits i mean less than a GB/month. I've been using BSNL EVDO for a couple of months and its been great for me.
    I would seggest BSNL EVDO if u have their service at pune (it should be thre). The coverage area is also provided in the review.
    It costs you 500-750 rs and gives u unlimited data transfer - I cant suggest a better option. The Tata/Reliance unlimited offers have a 10GB limit above which u are charged rs2 per MB
    Last edited by abhishek; 30-03-2009 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Link Removed

Never take a Tata Indicom connection. The speed and connectivity are okay, but the customer service and technical support are the worst I have ever experienced. Can you believe that for 6 months after the release of the Windows 7 operating system, these guys had still not released an update to enable their dialler to run on the new operating system? Not only that, but most of the staff on the helpdesk as well as the technicians who visited me had no idea about this. I had at least 3 different people spend at least an hour each on my laptop, uninstalling and reinstalling the software. It took four days for them to figure out that the software would not work on the latest operating system. And it took them almost the whole of Jan to come up with an update. This too was only after following up with them every two or three days, without which they would probably have taken another month. Every time I spoke to them I'd be told it would be resolved by the end of the day or by the next day. Even the fix that they came up with was incomplete - the modem finally worked, but the connection had to be set up manually - I don't use their dialler software to connect.
    And after all this, they actually expected me to pay the bill for Jan. I've been fighting with them over the bill for the last two weeks, and they still haven't resolved it satisfactorily. I've decided not to pay any of the outstanding amount. To hell with them and their connection.

Oh, and this incompetence goes all the way to the top. You're supposed to call the nodal officer if your complaint is not resolved in 48 hours. The nodal officer's team is equally incompetent. In fact, they're so incompetent that they don't even seem to know how to answer their phones. 5 out of 10 times, if you call them up you will directly be put on hold, and you won't be able to speak to anyone. Plus every idiot at Tata Indicom, including the nodal officer's team, will ask you for your customer number, your complaint number, and the description of your complaint practically EVERY SINGLE TIME you call up. I would expect the customer number or the complaint number to be enough. My details should be on record.