Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Internet in india

lol... it sucks big time.. with all the shit connectivity

its not that bad if u have broadband

Broadband here isn't that good either.

prashantrana Guest
    something is better than nothing. (i know it sucks to wait for that image to download)

ChambeRFienD Guest
    Heh.. Dun worry, broadband in the US ain't too great either, especially if you have DSL and you're no where close to one of what SBC calls their 'substations.'

I've heard that the people of Japan are pretty set with their internet connections though..

How do you know the plain and simple truth that in US the net is better. The speed can attributed to the fact that many servers are located in the US. Secondly as for the cost and the speed India is quite close and at many times ahead(as in competition) of US. I am not saying that always this is the case but many a times. Now don't just crib about India without knowing anything.

binaryman Guest
    by saying condition i referred to costs and speed only.......here in india..cost is a big factor still the broadband connection is highly priced though the rates r reducing but still it is costly for 90% of the ppl..and its not as fast as that in the us(from what has been heard from my friends)and also due to the fact that many servers r located in the us.....though i never said that its not improving....it sure is improving and has quite a way to go.....

dishnet's broadband is pretty fast have u guys gone to an satyam Iway browsing centre.in they've got computers in their browsing centres whose configs are:
    AMD XP 1800+
    ASUS Nforce2
    256 MB ddr333 ram
    40 gig hdd's

i mean are such config's neccesary for a browsing centre ?:o
    and they've got 20 to 30 comps per centre :o

so what is the estimated price they must have spent on the PC's can anyon tell?

Zutphen, The Netherlands, Europe. Planet Earth:P
    so what is the estimated price they must have spent on the PC's can anyon tell?

Well I live in The Netherlands and it's close to my configuration.

I use an athlon 2200+xp
    512mb ddr
    40gb 7200rpm
    and I paid €599 for it... (about $500)

And internet connections are kinda good over here. That's cuz we have been connected to the internet a loooong time (we were the 2nd country in the world hooked up to the internet) and it's a small country. Still we have a lot of broadband providers, DSL, cable, sattelite etc.

And I heard you can have a WiFi internet connetion available in areas where there are 10 potential clients. Dunno how it is India ofcourse, but maybe that's an option?
    Last edited by Mayhem; 29-12-2003 at 09:52 PM.

shrek_incredible Guest
    well i will say what india lacks is a good internet policy....

with BSNL's new chairman now we are getting some good start in internet.

Let me put it this way...
    Its not about the speeds that much... even if the speed was 20-25K it would be OK if the costs were not that much... mEans with phone bill along with ISP charge you are looking at 25-30Rs an hour...

Now after a long time BSNL(for those who are not Indian bsnl is the main telecommunication service provider) has finally done a good move with fixed internet phone rates with option for 2nd phone line... Atleast this way the bills are fixed. Now what we need is the ISP charge to come down and ideally the phone line for internet should be made free or leats say 100Rs per month...

Broadband penetration for a country like India is still a long way off... All we can hope realistically in the short ter atleast is cheaper dialup...

Originally posted by Avtar9@Jan 4 2004, 06:28 AM
    Doogie is a lucky kid.
    lol well indeed I am...I live really close to time warner so...and avtar calls me doogie because that is a nick name I have that I use on chamberboards.com

it is because of my last name Houser - they get that from an old tv about a underage doctor...named doogie houser m.d.

lol I have known avtar since I joined there so he know bout me
    Last edited by Mh0user; 05-01-2004 at 04:01 PM.

shrek_incredible Guest
    LOL....
    guess i have got to change my defination of lad from now....

say nikhilesh Guess what for 100 you don't have to wait for my relative

Here is it for ya:

and say none is junior or senior here... just say you wanna spam

prashantrana Guest
    Originally posted by QuickFire@Jan 6 2004, 05:40 PM
    Its supposed to be a discussion on Internet...
    But I can see graphics cards as well.

What is goin on here?
    they just got carried away

getting back to the topic what do u guys use these bandwidths 4. i usually download movie clips. never downloaded anything above 30mb. what has been ur maximums. (download size as well as download speeds)

p}{oToN Guest
    the plain truth is bandwidth in india sux big time. id say india is one of the most poorly connected countries among the so called "developing" countries. north korea has more bandwidth than we indians can imagine. there watching streaming movies and live games is just normal

and this is not going to change for a long long time. so lets be happy with what we got :tongue:

The speed in Korea can go up to 2MB/s
    Offcourse that cost alot, but the point is that they have it.
    I live in Delhi but im from Holland.
    I play a game called "Counter-Strike" Used to get pings of 40 everywhere in Europe. :happy:
    I moved to India (Delhi) cause my parents had to work here on the Netherlands Embassy. I got Dsl(Dishnet). The download speed is 40-50kb/ps so that is pretty ok for here. In holland i used to get 300-400kb/ps However, we cannot compare Asia with Europe. Anyway, i just want to mention that it is also the routing that makes it slower in India. I live in Delhi, and my ping to a Delhi server is 350.
    To a mumbai server 250, and to a singapore server 105 ping. Why is my ping in singapoor better then the others, and especially the server in Delhi. It's because of the routing . It goes to somewhere-then again somewhere else-and then comes back to Delhi To go all that way, it loses 2much speed so nothing is left at the end. :ph34r:
    2bad, let's hope that they are going to change it sometime.
    CIAO!!!
    Ne0

p}{oToN Guest
    I got Dsl(Dishnet). The download speed is 40-50kb/ps so that is pretty ok for here.
    with 40-50kbps dpwnload speed ill get a heart attack

Ati_rulZ Guest
    god bless thee my friend....
    40/50 kbps is something not achievable even in my wildest dreams...
    on my dialup at home.. 7-8 is heaven

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast