Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > India BroadBand
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-09-2014

Counter Strike servers makes MTNL ping high

I am using MTNL internet for quite some time and whenever I join any counter strike servers then the ping increases to 50 or above. I even called a guy from MTNL who changed all the wires but after 2 days i again started getting high ping rates over 100 on counter strike servers. I again called MTNL regarding this issue but they said that they will do some things in the connection soon. I was also looking for some solutions on many sites but cannot find any answers for same. So can anyone please tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks
Old 22-09-2014

Re: Counter Strike servers makes MTNL ping high

It seems to be definitely a MTNL line problem. Your SNR might be fluctuating heavily which mostly causes the line issues. You will have to get it fixed by those guys. This problem happens usually due to heavy rains. You should tell the line man to change the line DP as well, if it is possible. Even I was facing a line noise problem some time back and had disconnection every 15 minutes. I came to know that there was moisture in the box leading up to the splitter. So, do check for rain problems in your area.
Old 23-09-2014

Even if you got the line checked and it doesnt seem to be the problem then it could be definitely a problem with the MTNL server's end. Can you try to check any of your friends with the same MTNL internet plan whether they are facing the same issue or not. There were also some people who said that switching to the 8mbps internet plan of Mtnl gave them good latency. So, it might be possible that the low internet plan you are using is not able to handle the Counter Strike servers.
Old 24-09-2014

Are you trying to join Counter Strike India servers only or are you joining other countries server as well and getting this issue. Since joining the outside countries CS servers require good internet connection of over 10-20mbps, so with low internet speeds you will get high ping rates and even lags while joining the servers and playing games. One thing you could try is to change the ports of your connection and see if that helps you in anyways.

TechArena Community > Technology > India BroadBand
Tags: , , , ,