Thread: What points should be considered before changing mobile operator

What points should be considered before changing mobile operator

I want to switch my mobile operator. I am using uninor and I want to go with a good one. But I am unable to find which is the best one. I want some advice what things should be considered before choosing a new operator. Now there are many in the market. And almost all of them are having similar kind of services. I am just trying to find the list of things that are needed to be considered so that we can save yourself for un-necssary charges. It will be a lot more helpful. I am planing to go with Idea.

Re: What points should be considered before changing mobile operator

Start with choosing the best rate. That is what matters a lot. Despite of having such a high competition between companies, mobile rates are fluctuating in India. They keep on changing and every time a mobile operating bring something new. So you have to compare the rates first and then only you must go for. Do not just directly switch without checking. You might land on a costly plan that can be not so effective to change later on. You can find the details on the internet about that.

When you are going for changing the mobile network or buying a new one never get blinded by mobile deals. This always carry high cost later on. There are some additional services that you ignore. The first thing to do is look at the rate that is offered and then you must study the contract if you are going for a postpaid connection. There is less risk in prepaid connection. You can save a lot amount if you chose wisely. Check the charges and free stuff you are getting on start. And also check all taxes stuff if you are going for a paid one.

You must choose the one that offer you maximum coverage. There are many telecom services like Airtel which does not work in all part of Mumbai. The coverage problem can be torture if you live in rural area. You have to find the popular telecom provider there and you can go with it. There are many mobile tower in towns so coverage there is significantly high. But on the same hand in rural area this depends on the carrier you choose. There can be a company that has a good infrastructure and can offers the best service at cheap price. But coverage would be minimum.

For those who are going for permanent contracts that means postpaid has to take care. There are chances that operators try to impose some fix charges on you and you came know after a month about that. This sometimes offers on postpaid are very nice and under favorable rates. But with that you might have to buy additional services in exchange that can cause money. In US we have contract type stuff that can expire in a year or two. But in India we dont have those thing. We pay regularly. So take care while buying postpaid connection.

It is not complicated to find which mobile operator will be good. It is necessary that you check on the basis of your region. Do not just buy a plan from one that is popular on web. You have to check this on the regional basis and then only you are going to get enough coverage. Recently a few service providers has started selling mobile with the service. There is a yearly contract you can go for. But this the output on that is very poor in India. Compare plans before going for. You can make a list and then try to find the plans on the basis of every region.